Monday, February 23, 2009

All Dogs Go To Heaven


This Saturday evening my family experienced a great loss. Our little dog, Sir Walter, passed away.

He came into our family as a present for my 15th birthday. He was just this little runt, and I kinda didn't want him because he was "too small" but he quickly won me over, he was just a little sweetheart.

He was such a good little friend, he was always excited for us to come home, he knew when you were having a bad day, and he loved anyone who sat on the couch, they immediately became his friend. He had so many funny quirks. He once even developed this crazy habit of hiding things in my bed. I would lie down and find a bone, or a corn dog or some other odd item (usually food) underneath my pillow. Oh there are SO MANY memories.

I loved him so much. And now after 11 long years, he's gone. Boy, I'm going to miss him.

5 comments:

jillysunflower said...

I visited your mom not long ago and met your dog. I would say my kids met him too but they just screamed and ran away. He was really cute. Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pup. Dogs become just like family if not more because they never get mad at you.

SJ said...

I met your dog once. He was a sweetie. I'm sorry!

Tara G. said...

I remember when you got him...how sad! I'm so sorry. It's so hard when the family pet passes away. Let me know if you need anything. T

Unknown said...

Sorry Maren for your loss! I remember when Goldie passed away. It is always hard to lose a great dog.
Char