Friday, November 2, 2012

The Final Countdown


This is it.  The final 4 weeks.  I feel like I've been running a marathon, I'm on mile 23 and I only have 3.2 miles to go.   It is still a decent distance, but considering how far I've come, the finish line is so close I am anxious for it.  

I could compare pregnancy (and I'm sure the upcoming labor and delivery) to running a marathon all day.  And because I've tackled a full marathon 8 times already, I'm pretty sure I can handle what's looming down the road in less than 4 weeks.  

Overall I feel great.  I have some of the typical complaints, such as my back hurts, or I don't sleep particularly comfortably at night...but compared to many, I am fairing pretty well on the pregnancy home front.  In fact when people hear how far along I am and they say, "Oh, you are at the really uncomfortable stage" and I say, "Actually, I feel great."  I always get a weird look from them like I'm not normal.  

I'm sure as I get closer to the finish line I'll feel more miserable and can't wait to be done (there is another comparison for you) but I'm enjoying still feeling great for the time being.  



No comments: