Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yum!

Husband and I are trying to be really healthy. And even though I have discovered a ton of awesome healthy recipes, some days I just want to eat something sweet, fattening and completely NOT good for me.

Something like these:

HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES

Ingredients:

1 Devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Filling Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

1. Mix the cake mix with the eggs and oil until smooth
2. Roll dough into round balls about the size of a golf ball
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
4. Let cookies cool to room temperature
5. Mix all frosting ingredients together
6. Frost backs of cookies and place together to make a cookie sandwich

Oh man....just the directions are making me hungry.

Why don't you make them and enjoy them for me.

One day, you, Homemade Oreo Cookies, and I - will be together again.

No comments: