Friday, March 16, 2012

Deleted


Tonight I deleted all of my boards on Pinterest.

It makes my heart hurt.

If you read my previous post, you will see that I am technically not addicted to Pinterest, but I do love it.

One day I came across an image linked to this site. It talks about the shady terms Pinterest has you agree to when you sign up. These terms make you responsible if anyone attempts to sue Pinterest for their work being pinned on Pinterest. Yes, Pinterest would then pass that suit onto you.

I wondered if this was real so I checked with two lawyers I know. I passed this article onto them which also elaborates about Pinterest's terms (and a link to their terms themselves).

Both lawyers advised that Pinterest created those terms to protect themselves, and they can (and will) allow you to be the guilty party in a lawsuit. And they pretty much advised me to delete my boards - anything I pinned - on Pinterest.

So I did.

And I suggest you do too.

No comments: