Monday, October 3, 2011

I Can't Walk


On Saturday, October 1st, I ran the St. George Marathon.  It was my 4th time running that marathon, my 4th marathon this year and my 8th marathon overall. 

I rocked the marathon - my time, my pace etc....until mile 16.  And with about 10 miles left to go, I hit my wall.  I couldn't get over it.  So I didn't finish in as good of time and I had hoped.

But I finished.

I think my legs stopped working because they decided that 104.8+ miles was plenty for the year.  I've been tallying all the miles I've run this year and it is well over 400 - if you count all the training and race miles.

And today, two days after the race, my legs still don't want to function.

I'd be walking down the hall at work and my leg would give out on me and I'd nearly come crashing down.  The slight slope in the parking lot to my car was grueling.  And then the stairs up to my condo.  Death.

Not to mention my ankles are swollen.  You'd think I was 8 months pregnant, not that I'd just run a marathon! 

I think I will definitely be taking a break from racing for the remainder of the year. 

But in the meantime I will enjoy my 5 medals and my award from coming in third place for my division in the Utah Grand Slam. 

Poor feet.

Go me.

2 comments:

Tom and Tami said...

Yay Maren! I'm so sorry I didn't stick around to see you finish. I really am proud of you and all the hard work you put into the marathons this year.

Firecat said...

Thanks Tami! I appreciate all of your support for our marathons this year! I know Tom appreciates it as well.