Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What've I got myself into?

*Sigh* I do things sometimes thinking that I want to do them, then I get thinking and realize how crazy I am for having done them. Monday I signed up for my first Triathlon. I'll be doing the Spudman Sprint Triathlon in Burley, Idaho in July. And come Monday, pending some sense being knocked into me, I'll be signing up for the Disney World Half and Full Marathon that takes place next January (half marathon on Saturday, full marathon on Sunday...yikes, that is PURE craziness). I'll be signing up for the Salt Lake Half Marathon here soon that will be in April, and then the St. George again in October. Yes, all that is just being one of the crazies yet again, but at the same time, its such a great accomplishment with amazing bragging rights (I can say that am a "triathlete" now as well as the fact that am already a marathon runner!!) that I have to do it. I DO NOT look forward to the training, but the event will be quite the memorable occasion...especially when I get to spend the time with my siblings. So running those many miles does have its perks.

2 comments:

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

You are my woman stud Maren! Make sure you take lots of pictures of all your amazing races. - you amaze me.

Tara G. said...

You ARE crazy! But I am oh so proud of you! That's awesome!