Sunday, October 7, 2007

26.2 Miles

Its Sunday evening, my 25th birthday, and nearly every muscle in my body is sore. I am sore because yesterday I ran my 3rd marathon, in St. George, UT. It was quite the experience to be had. I ran the marathon, 26.2 miles, with my brother Tom, and my sister, Teresa. I decided that I was going to run it in my personal record time, and with some major persistence and some pushing of myself, I accomplished that goal. We came in at 4:59:02! Running a marathon is no easy feat, but it is very satisfying because it is an accomplishment that not many can say they have done. I do owe most of my success at setting my own new record to my brother and sister and their encouragement and company during the race. I love those two so much. And though today I am in a lot of pain due to sore muscles that aren't very appreciative of what I did to them yesterday, I shall not stop. This is not my last marathon...I will again run those 26.2 miles.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats!

Sharon said...

I'm not quite sure how I found your blog, but I did and you look great! That's so awesome you ran a marathon, running can be quite addicting! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in the great state of Michigan, I love it!